If you were wondering if Google had made a recent algorith update, you won’t be disappointed. There indeed was one completed in September 2022. You will find Barry Schwartz comment below in regard to that Core update that no doubt affected your website in one way or another.
As I called, Google has completed rolling out both the September 2022 core update and the September 2022 product reviews update while I was offline. Both officially finished rolling out on September 26, 2022 – so Monday.
Here are some quick facts on both these updates, now that they are done. But as you know, the core update took exactly two weeks to roll out, a full 14 days. The product reviews update took only six days to roll out.
Google September 2022 Core Update
- Name: Google September 2022 Broad Core Update
- Launched: September 12, 2022 at around 11:25 pm ET
- Rollout: Two weeks – completing on September 26, 2022
- Targets: It looks at all types of content
- Penalty: It is not a penalty, it promotes or rewards great web pages
- Global: This is a global update impacting all regions, in all languages.
- Impact: Google would not tell me what percentage of queries or searches were impacted by this update but so far, this seems to be a typical core update that reaches wide and the impact is fast.
- Discover: Core updates impact Google Discover and other features, also feature snippets and more.
- Recover: If you were hit by this, then you will need to look at your content and see if you can do better with Google’s core update advice.
- Refreshes: Google will do periodic refreshes to this algorithm but may not communicate those updates in the future. Maybe this is what we saw the past couple of weeks or all those unconfirmed Google updates.
One of our main goals here at Digital Assets Marketing is to keep you abreast of the latest in SEO news so that you the business owner can take these tips and apply them to your local small business. As a result driven online marketing agency we constantly strive to provide the best in search engine marketing for all of our customers. Call us today to set up a Free 30 minute consultation 559-499-3150.